Wednesday 11 May 2011

Bonjour Raspberry Card


Bonjour!  This is day three of "Berry Week" here at Busy with the Cricky.  Today's card is going to make all of you non-Cricut Circle members wish that you too had joined the Circle!   I used two cartridges to create this card, Preserves for the raspberries, and French Manor, the first Cricut Circle exclusive cartridge, for the base card and lattice cuts.

French Manor has a lot of lovely European decor cuts, but also a wonderful selection of cards.  I really liked the lattice cut (above in medium pink) and was thrilled to discover that there is a lattice cut card!  I cut the base card in black and gray diamond print cardstock.  I then cut the lattice in medium pink and the lattice border in a pink print.  Using glue, I layered the pieces together.

As I stated above, the raspberries were cut using Preserves (which is perfect for Berry Week).  I cut the base layer in a hot pink cardstock, then used Copic markers to color the stems.  I cut the leaves in a lime green and again used Copics to add detail to the leaves.  And the berry tops were cut in this great pink-on-pink print.  I used a cat's eye ink around the edges of the berries before placing them on the card with pop dots.

The bonjour tag was created by layering an adhesive backed cardstock sticker to a circle of printed cardstock.  I used a hole punch and added ribbon to finish the tag.

I thought you might like to see the side view of the card.  I lined the inside of the card with white cardstock.  If I were to make this same card again, I would probably choose a light pink to line the inside of the card.

I hope you will be back tomorrow for another berry project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts